On Monday 08 April 2002 20:13, Paul Svensson wrote:
...
> >whatever. If we can come up with something better than parity
> >of minor release number, I'll personally cheer... I just can't think
> >of anything better right now. Comparison of microrelease with
> >some arbitrary threshold changing by minor.major is worse, though --
> >not a clear signal at all.
>> Why not take advantage of the "well known fact" that any software
> release ending in ".0" is not to be trusted ?
>> Make X.Y.0.N the experimental branch,
> settling down to X.Y.1 as the final stable release,
> following up with X.Y.Z as bugfix-only releases,
> and the next round of experimentals continuing from X.(Y+1).0.0.
>> This is almost as simple as the "just call it stable when it is"
> proposal, while still being even more obvious than the odd/even approach.
I agree it's somewhat more obvious than odd/even, so, although I do
not see what you mean about simplicity here, I'd be quite satisfied with it.
Alex