On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 12:18:18AM +0200, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
>That's very hacky, IMO, and something I would not like to see
>generally available. If you need that feature, embed Python.
Indeed. Setting it in python.c is relatively easy... That's what the
patch I included did...
>ps manages to find out what the arguments are, so it should be possible
>to find (and overwrite) them even without getting them as arguments to
>main().
"ps" parses /proc/<pid>/cmdline to figure out what the command-line was.
AFAIK, /proc/<pid>/cmdline is read-only:
[root@prospero tmp]# date >/proc/$$/cmdline
date: write error: Invalid argument
I'm sure it's not hard to find the memory block that argv resides at if you
are a kernel module, but I suspect fewer changes are required by using the
mechanism I proposed earlier. ;-)
Sean
--
You know you're in Canada when: The weather reports starts with "All
temperatures are degrees below zero unless otherwise stated."
Sean Reifschneider, Inimitably Superfluous <jafo@tummy.com>
tummy.com - Linux Consulting since 1995. Qmail, KRUD, Firewalls, Python