> Perforce, Bitkeeper and Subversion are all "better-breed-CVS" solutions,
> while I consider arch to be a "better-breed-revision-control-system".
You may be right about Perforce or Subversion (though I doubt it), but
the arch blurb I found sounds very similar to Bitkeeper.
> Unfortunately it currently doesn't have an import mechanism that will keep
> all your CVS history, so I understand that it is not an option at this
> time.
>> However, it is a young project, having its first alpha release on Jan 16
> of this year. At the current development pace, we may see the CVS import
> functionality very soon. I have sent a question about this to Tom Lord.
I don't think the Python developer community ought to be early
adopters for a revision control system. We'll see how arch does in a
few years. (BTW, arch is a lousy name. It's impossible to find using
Google.)
--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.python.org/~guido/)