Shattered Horizon

Shattered Horizon

Need a registered server key from someone
I don't know how to have clients directly connect over WAN, so does anyone have a registered server key I could crib?

Alternatively, how are these shin-pate.neon.org guys still out there running a server I can see in the server list, without any ability to register a server? Can I do the same?
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
nm, I just had my port forwarding all twisted. It's all good, now!
Originally posted by Eschaton:
nm, I just had my port forwarding all twisted. It's all good, now!
How did you configure it? Trying to do the same for a group of friends. I should note I don't have a public static IP, but I'm thinking it *should* still work if I change the server IP to my current dynamic IP. Any tips or tricks?
Originally posted by Burn Kitty Burn:
Originally posted by Eschaton:
nm, I just had my port forwarding all twisted. It's all good, now!
How did you configure it? Trying to do the same for a group of friends. I should note I don't have a public static IP, but I'm thinking it *should* still work if I change the server IP to my current dynamic IP. Any tips or tricks?

Hey, so here's my setup:

IP Address: set this to the server's internal IP (mine is 192.168.1.172, for example)
Port: 1727
Bandwidth: 10,000kbps (I have an upload speed of 10mbps through my ISP)
Visibility: Internet, use VAC

Then, in my router's port forwarding settings, I have port 1727 open and forwarding TCP/UDP traffic to my internal IP (192.168.1.172). I also don't prevent outbound traffic on any port; not sure if your firewall will specify that - most residential router firewalls don't prevent outbound traffic.

For players to connect, they connect to my server via the server list; it just shows up magically there. I assume the game is contacting steam and publishing itself that way, or something similar. It can take a little bit to show up in the list, and I don't think it will show up at all until you have your router's firewall open and forwarding on the port you specify in the server config. Perhaps the mother server, wherever it is out there on the net, is sending a connection back to my server to see if the port it claims is open really is open? I really don't know.

Thanks! I will try that!
Figured out the problem! In case someone else runs into this issue:
The SH dedicated server uses a 3 port range, not just 1 port. This is kinda-sorta mentioned in the setup guide, but only under the "zip file" method section. If you configure the dedicated server to use port 1727, you must actually open ports 1727, 1728, and 1729 in your router for port forwarding.
Originally posted by Burn Kitty Burn:
Figured out the problem! In case someone else runs into this issue:
The SH dedicated server uses a 3 port range, not just 1 port. This is kinda-sorta mentioned in the setup guide, but only under the "zip file" method section. If you configure the dedicated server to use port 1727, you must actually open ports 1727, 1728, and 1729 in your router for port forwarding.

lol I had that configured and couldn't remember why... thanks for reminding me!
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50