Shattered Horizon

Shattered Horizon

why was this game removed from steam?
No wonder its dead, you cant even buy it anymore....
< >
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
Licensing issues perhaps?
Originally posted by Agret:
Licensing issues perhaps?
Really? that sucks, this game has a pretty unique concept
the developers stopped working on it , because they stopped making games .
Originally posted by Sabberschlonz:
the developers stopped working on it , because they stopped making games .
That doesn't explain anything. There are games available on Steam that were developed by studios that are now out of business. As long as someone holds the right to publish a certain game, that game can be sold on Steam.
if they dont want to develop or even sell this game anymore, would be cool if they had made this open source. id love to play this with the original rifle. i cant imagine what they were thinking with the extra gun update.
Rovio bought Futurermark. That was the end of Shattered Horizon - death by Angry Birds. I still remember the space ship add-on teaser, that would have been great. Nothintg left but Star Citizen now (yay!)
Futuremark purchased by Rovio. In interviews they've said they did not want to sell a game they could no longer give support to, and would feel bad taking money for a game that was essentially dead.
Originally posted by TofuTehSurvivor:
Futuremark purchased by Rovio. In interviews they've said they did not want to sell a game they could no longer give support to, and would feel bad taking money for a game that was essentially dead.
That is pretty stupid. So people can not enjoy the game just because it isn't super popular? Wow. I can't believe that. I guess I will stop recomending this game. Such a shame.
So, does that mean I can't play SH at all? I'm actually going to be really pissed if it does ...
Originally posted by Darth Crunchus:
So, does that mean I can't play SH at all? I'm actually going to be really pissed if it does ...
If you own the game you can. Otherwise for now it will not be available for purchase. Sorry. D:
I already have it, but it won't lauunch. Tried everything in the book, but it just acts like it's gonna, then nothing.

Radeon R9 270X (2GB)
AMD FX-6300 (3.5GHz)
24GB RAM
Win 10 Home

By all rights, it should run. I tried compatibility, running it as Admin, nothing works. Steam says the content validated successfully, so, I don't know.
Originally posted by Darth Crunchus:
I already have it, but it won't lauunch. Tried everything in the book, but it just acts like it's gonna, then nothing.

Radeon R9 270X (2GB)
AMD FX-6300 (3.5GHz)
24GB RAM
Win 10 Home

By all rights, it should run. I tried compatibility, running it as Admin, nothing works. Steam says the content validated successfully, so, I don't know.
Interesting. Not sure what to suggest. I have not run the game in quite some time, so I can not say it should work. I will have to test it.
Check your physx installation (reinstall), atleast i had problems with that once, not quite sure anymore if it was the same problem that you have but it somehow sounds familiar to me.
Originally posted by Spartaaaa!!!!!!!:
Check your physx installation (reinstall), atleast i had problems with that once, not quite sure anymore if it was the same problem that you have but it somehow sounds familiar to me.
I'll check that. Now that you mention PhysX, Shattered Horizon didn't actually throw up the usual Steam Client Services installer when I reinstalled it...


EDIT: Well, I'll be durned. Thanks for that suggestion; it did all the stuff this time, and it launches now!

Edit the 2nd: I know SH is about six years old now, but, compared to a few games older than it, it's kinda crappy, especially in the player shadow department...I spent four years not able to play it because I didn't have the hardware to play it up until recently, and I was so excited to play it. I feel really disappointed. Oh well, at least I only paid ten bucks for it back in '12.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
Per page: 1530 50