Cozy Keep

Cozy Keep

View Stats:
Inventory management and crafting from storage
I started the game today and I do enjoy it, but the inventory management is driving me bonkers. There's so much stuff, and I can't build new chests until I get nails, for which I need iron, for which I need to get enough money to get into the mines... It's pretty annoying that you can only carry a limited amount/weight of items with you in a game that is built almost entirely around gathering and crafting. A good 30% of my time playing so far is dedicated to inventory management, or at least that's how it feels. I did see a thread from 2024 suggesting crafting from storage. Has that been implemented yet?

Also, if you have a bucket filled with water in your inventory, it'd be great if you didn't actually need to be holding it to water plants.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Originally posted by BananaBlues:
I started the game today and I do enjoy it, but the inventory management is driving me bonkers. There's so much stuff, and I can't build new chests until I get nails, for which I need iron, for which I need to get enough money to get into the mines.
It sound like you either need to spend less time gathering and more time crafting/selling or less time gathering/crafting and more time selling.

Regardless, you definitely need to focus more on selling.

Originally posted by BananaBlues:
It's pretty annoying that you can only carry a limited amount/weight of items with you...
Most games have a limited amount of carry and storage that have to be managed ('Teddy's Haven' is the only one I can think of that doesn't) as it makes sense from both a game design perspective and an immersion perspective.

Originally posted by BananaBlues:
...in a game that is built almost entirely around gathering and crafting.
Given that the impetus is paying a debt, you are running a shop in order to pay that debt and also have to pay taxes on top of paying the debt to keep the shop open, I would say the game is built around making money thru selling donated (king's gift), stolen (I'm sorry Mr Rancher!), gathered (sticks and stones may break my bones...), crafted and purchased (Trader) goods.

In fact, didn't you already note you needed to make more money in order to progress in the game...

Originally posted by BananaBlues:
I did see a thread from 2024 suggesting crafting from storage. Has that been implemented yet?
Copied directly from updates on this game's store page:

REGULAR UPDATE
POSTED Thu, June 11
QoL - Update 0.1.9
ðŸ“ĶBuild From Storage Chests
You can now use materials from Storage Chests when building, without having to carry them in your inventory.
Note: Rebuilding certain structures (e.g., the Honesty Box) still requires you to have the materials in your inventory.

Originally posted by BananaBlues:
Also, if you have a bucket filled with water in your inventory, it'd be great if you didn't actually need to be holding it to water plants.
When you use an item to take action, it needs to be in your hand (aka 'equipped'). This isn't just real world logic, it is video game logic. So, since you are using the bucket of water to water the plants, it needs to be in your hand.

Without mechanics like that, the game would be a lot less complex and immersive.
I'm pretty sure you don't need to be holding a water bucket to water plants? Unless something has changed since the last time I played, but the last time I played I was able to go into the gardens' menus and water from there.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50