Shattered Horizon

Shattered Horizon

 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Seems to have been taken off the store :(
Edit: yes it has been removed, scroll down to post #7 for the dev's response

Edit edit edit:

It is now only available on grey market sellers, and here's why you shouldn't buy it from them
< >
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
Just noticed that. It's gone in the North America store.
I think its cause the concept of the game has pretty much evolved, and now we have space engineers, which is really not a game focused in FPS but it gives you a lot more than this game. Space engineers makes it feel like you are in the space of the "future" with endless things to do, while Shattered Horizon makes you feel like space is right now, like we are mortals in a black infnite space (and has guns xD).

I really hope we see some FPS concepts in Space Engineers, but if you think it, this (SH) game was like one of the very firsts to actually make a space FPS that felt realistic. I bend to the developers
I don't think Space Engineers has anything to do with why the game was removed. They're different developers. That'd be like every shooter game being removed because Call of Duty is on Steam.

I'd imagine it has something to do with the developer having been bought by another company and some licensing issues have occured or something expired.
Ohhh of course it has nothing to do with Space Engineers (the removal) xD I did not mean to say that. And if I am not wrong they removed it due to the lack of support.
That's what I said. But it wouldn't be directly because of that, since that was 2 years ago. I think it was just some licensing issues. Happens a lot when developers or publishers get bought out by someone else.
Yes, I am sorry to say that Shattered Horizon is no longer for sale in any region.

As Unbenannte said, we sold our game studio to Rovio in 2012. Futuremark is 100% forcused on making 3DMark and other benchmarks now. We're a small company and can no longer spare the time and people required to support our old game titles.

Since we will not be able to fix the issues with ranking, leaderboards and stats we decided to take the game down from Steam. As someone who worked on Shattered Horizon, it makes me sad to see it go, but it feels like the right thing to do.

If you own Shattered Horizon you can still play single-player and multiplayer on community servers, though stats are no longer being collected. If you have a CD-key from a promotion or gift, you will still be able to redeem it for a copy in Steam.

On behalf of everyone at Futuremark, and the ex-Futuremark Games Studio crew, thank you for buying and enjoying Shattered Horizon. "See you on the flipside."
Such a shame, anyways we must keep going, best wishes with the new projects man!

"It was a nice ride"
FM_kingkatt - anyway thx guys =) Waiting new projects)
Originally posted by FM_kingkatt:
Yes, I am sorry to say that Shattered Horizon is no longer for sale in any region.

As Unbenannte said, we sold our game studio to Rovio in 2012. Futuremark is 100% forcused on making 3DMark and other benchmarks now. We're a small company and can no longer spare the time and people required to support our old game titles.

Since we will not be able to fix the issues with ranking, leaderboards and stats we decided to take the game down from Steam. As someone who worked on Shattered Horizon, it makes me sad to see it go, but it feels like the right thing to do.

If you own Shattered Horizon you can still play single-player and multiplayer on community servers, though stats are no longer being collected. If you have a CD-key from a promotion or gift, you will still be able to redeem it for a copy in Steam.

On behalf of everyone at Futuremark, and the ex-Futuremark Games Studio crew, thank you for buying and enjoying Shattered Horizon. "See you on the flipside."

That's understandable. Thanks for your honesty and good luck with your future projects. :)
u know what? i was going to buy the game, and i realized that the game's not at the store anymore :/
I don't think you guys should've taken it down just because of not being able to moderate rankings and leaderboards. I can't imagine anyone ever even bothers to look at that. We just want to play the game! And now I won't be able to recommend the game anymore since no one can purchase it. You'll just be losing out on sales.
I have a game gift copy of it in my inv, if you are interested Boba xD
I already own the game, but I'm saying if in the future I have a friend who wants the game I can't recommend it to him. It's lame. :/
I know, tho I also know another thing :D
< >
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
Per page: 1530 50